74 East State StreetMontpelier, VT 05602MLS Number 4682179
- Sale Price: $505,000The price has recently decreased
- Listed at $522,000
- 12 Days Since Sale
|Price||Down Payment||Interest Rate||Years|
Est. Mortgage: $/month
Federal 30-year interest rate: 4.52% last updated on 2018-07-19
This product uses the FRED® API but is not endorsed or certified by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- 3610Square Feet
Close to downtown shops, schools, theaters, library and down the street from Vermont College, this 1895 Queen Anne style home with six bedrooms enjoys a view of the State House dome as you step off the delightful front porch. Recently a Bed & Breakfast. An eye-catching exterior with decorative clapboard and shingle siding and a distinctive south facing tower. Lovely woodwork, flooring, and details throughout. Recently renovated kitchen with quartz countertops and stainless-steel appliances and attached den where family can keep the cook company. Back staircase for easy access to second floor. Separate two-car garage with lovely two-bedroom apartment. The apartment's kitchen is modern with oak cabinetry with an electric range, side by side refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave oven. The bedrooms are on the front and back and a Jack and Jill bathroom is located between the bedrooms. Baseboard hot water heat for the apartment is supplied as a zone on the boiler in the main house. An efficient Rinnai instant hot water heater supplies hot water and is located in the recycling room in the garage below. The apartment is accessed via a landscaped stone stairway that rises to a private deck and entry to the apartment. This home radiates old fashion quality and style with modern day comforts.
Ask A Question
Call: 802-225-6425 or send a message:
- Parking Spaces2
- GarageAuto Open
- Parking DescriptionDriveway, Garage, On-Site, Parking Spaces 2
- Year Built1895
- Building ConstructionWood Frame
- Property StyleHistoric Vintage, Victorian
- Full Baths3
- 3/4 Baths1
- Half Bath1
- Total Baths5
- Total Rooms14
- FoundationConcrete, Stone
- Square Feet3610
- APX Unfin Below Grade1361
- BasementConcrete Floor, Slab, Stairs - Interior, Unfinished
- Heat FuelOil
- Heat SystemBaseboard, Electric, Multi Zone, Radiator, Stove - Gas
- WaterMetered, Public
- Water HeaterOff Boiler, Tank, Tankless
- SewerMetered, Public
- ElectricCircuit Breaker(s)
- Tax ReductionNo
- ZoningMixed Use Res/Historic
- Surveyed Y/NUnknown
- Docs AvailableDeed, Property Disclosure, Tax Map
- PossessionAt Closing, Negotiable
- Virtual TourClick Here
- Property TypeSingle Family
- List Price$522,000
- Listing Agent NameTimothy Heney
- Agent NameHeney
- Broker NameHeney Realtors/Montpelier
- Sale Agent616836
- Selling Agent NameLucas deSousa
- Sale Date07/09/2018
- Sale Price$505,000
- LM MST WGARDetached
- MLS Number4682179
- Interior FeaturesAttic, Blinds, Fireplace - Wood, In-Law Suite, Laundry Hook-ups, Natural Woodwork, Skylight, Walk-in Pantry, Window Treatment, Laundry - 1st Floor
- Room 1 TypeLiving Room
- Room 1 Level1
- FloorsCarpet, Hardwood, Softwood, Tile, Vinyl
- Room 1 Dimensions15' x 14'10"
- Room 2 TypeDining Room
- Room 2 Level1
- Room 2 Dimensions14'1" x 14'1"
- Room 3 TypeKitchen
- Room 3 Level1
- Room 3 Dimensions7'9" x 16'10"
- Room 4 TypeDen
- Room 4 Level1
- Room 4 Dimensions9'3" x 9'8"
- Room 5 TypeOther
- Room 5 Level1
- Room 5 Dimensions14'2" x 17'2"
- Room 6 TypeMaster Bedroom
- Room 6 Level2
- Room 6 Dimensions14'2" x 18'2"
- Room 7 TypeBedroom
- Room 7 Level2
- Room 7 Dimensions14' x 14'4"
- Room 8 TypeBedroom
- Room 8 Level2
- Room 8 Dimensions12'2" x 15'1"
- Room 9 TypeOffice/Study
- Room 9 Level2
- Room 9 Dimensions11'6" x 7'6"
- Room 10 TypeOffice/Study
- Room 10 Level2
- Room 10 Dimensions9'4" x 10'2"
- Room 11 TypeBedroom
- Room 11 Level3
- Room 11 Dimensions10'4" x 15'10"
- Room 12 TypeBedroom
- Room 12 Level3
- Room 12 Dimensions10' x 12'10"
- Room 13 TypeBedroom
- Room 13 Level3
- Room 13 Dimensions10'2" x 12'
- Room 14 TypeFamily Room
- Room 14 Level3
- Room 14 Dimensions11'6" x 12'3"
- Room 15 TypeBath - 1/2
- Room 15 Level1
- Room 16 TypeBath - Full
- Room 16 Level2
- Room 17 TypeBath - Full
- Room 17 Level2
- Room 18 TypeBath - Full
- Room 18 Level2
- Room 19 TypeBath - 3/4
- Room 19 Level3
- Room 20 TypeLaundry Room
- Room 20 Level1
- Room 20 Dimensions8'8" x 9'6"
- Building Number74
- StreetEast State Street
- DistrictMontpelier School District
- Elementary SchoolUnion Elementary School
- Junior HighMain Street Middle School
- High SchoolMontpelier High School
- Flood Zone Y/NNo
- AreaHistoric District, In Town, Preservation District
- Lot DescriptionCity Lot, Landscaped, Sidewalks, Sloping, Street Lights
- DrivewayCrushed Stone
- RoadsPaved, Public
- Suitable Use Land Type FarmsBed and Breakfast
- Exterior FeaturesDeck, Guest House, Patio, Windows - Double Pane
- Exterior ColorRose
- ExteriorClapboard, Shingle, Wood, Wood Siding
- RoofShingle - Architectural
- Accessibility Amenities1st Floor 1/2 Bathroom, Hard Surface Flooring
- Date Listed03/23/2018
- Delayed ShowingsNo
- Number of Photos40
- View Count35